What are Individual Living Options (ILOs)?
The NDIS is providing flexible funding options to support people with a disability to live more independently with choice and control.
The focus of ILO is to provide support to explore alternative and more personalised living options and promote the opportunity for participants to have the right to:
- Choose where they would like to live
- Decided who they would like to live with
- Choose how they would like to live
- Explore individualised living options
Wisdom Care can support you to explore a range of options and possibilities, some of which include:
1) Living alone – with a circle of supports assisting with a combination of informal supports and paid supports
2.) Hosts – living with a supporting host member in their home.
3) Co-residents – a support worker lives with a person needing support and receives free or subsidised rent and provides support.
4) Living Together with a Friend – sharing with a friend with or without a disability.
5) Living Together, Sharing– two or more NDIS participants live together sharing supports, and informal supports and cost of living.
How Are We Different?
Wisdom Care has a focus of supporting participants to explore a range of independent living options differing from traditional models of accommodation supports such as group homes.
We recognise the importance of choice and control and recognise people with a disability should have the right to explore a range of home and living options
We also have strong partnerships with specialised property agents who have an understanding of inclusion of people with a disability and recognise the benefits of long-term tenancy and quality housing for people with a disability.
Our relationships with these agents have assisted many participants to successfully secure quality housing options and individualised supports.
How we can help you with Individual Living Options (ILOs)?
Wisdom Care will help you to explore “what a home means to you” and support you to design your future living arrangement based on your goals and support needs.
We will assist you as part of the design process to explore your informal supports, the circle of supports and also a range of home and living options
Wisdom Care has experienced support facilitators who have supported many participants to explore flexible living arrangements and connect individuals with the private rental market and other housing support services to find the right housing option for you.
To find out more contact Wisdom Care and request to meet with one of our ILO Support Facilitators